If you are looking for a workout app that can provide you with personalized guidance, motivation, and accountability, you might have heard of Future. Future is a fitness app that pairs you with a real personal trainer who creates custom workouts for you based on your goals, preferences, and equipment.
You can communicate with your trainer via text or video call, and they will monitor your progress and adjust your plan accordingly. Future also provides you with an Apple Watch that tracks your heart rate, calories, and other metrics during your workouts.
But how much does Future cost, and is it worth the investment? In this article, we will answer these questions and more, so you can decide if Future is the right app for you.
How Much Does Future Cost?
Future is not a cheap app. It costs $150 per month, which is equivalent to $1800 per year. However, Future offers some discounts and promotions that can lower the price. For example, you can get a free trial for 14 days, or you can get 50% off for the first three months if you use a promo code from some websites or influencers. You can also get a free month if you refer a friend who signs up for Future.
Future’s price includes the following:
- A personal trainer who creates your workouts and coaches you
- An Apple Watch that tracks your workouts and syncs with the app
- Unlimited text and video calls with your trainer
- Access to a library of over 1000 exercises and workouts
- A custom music playlist for each workout
Future’s price does not include the following:
- Any equipment that you might need for your workouts, such as dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, etc.
- Any other fitness apps or services that you might want to use, such as Peloton, Apple Fitness+, Fitbit, etc.
What are the Features and Benefits of Future?
Future has some unique features and benefits that make it stand out from other workout apps, such as:
- Personalization: Future gives you a personalized workout plan that is designed for your goals, preferences, and equipment. You can choose from various workout styles, such as HIIT, strength, cardio, yoga, etc. You can also specify your availability, intensity, and duration for each workout. Your trainer will create a weekly plan for you that is tailored to your needs and schedule.
- Coaching: Future connects you with a real personal trainer who guides you, motivates you, and adjusts your plan as you progress. You can choose a trainer from a list of certified professionals who have different backgrounds and specialties. You can also communicate with your trainer via text or video call anytime you need support, advice, or feedback. Your trainer will check in on you regularly and celebrate your wins with you.
- Tracking: Future provides you with an Apple Watch that tracks your workouts and syncs with the app. You can see your heart rate, calories, and other metrics on your screen as you work out. You can also cast your workouts to your TV via AirPlay for a bigger screen. Your trainer will get your workout results and feedback, and they will adjust your plan accordingly. You can also see your progress and achievements on the app dashboard.
- Variety: Future gives you access to a library of over 1000 exercises and workouts that you can do at home, in the gym, or on the road. You can choose from different categories, such as bodyweight, dumbbell, kettlebell, band, etc. You can also mix and match different exercises to create your own custom workouts. You can also browse and try other workouts created by your trainer or other Future users.
- Music: Future creates a custom music playlist for each workout that matches the tempo and mood of your exercises. You can choose from different genres, such as pop, rock, hip hop, etc. You can also adjust the volume and skip songs as you wish. You can also listen to your own music or podcasts if you prefer.
What are the Drawbacks and Limitations of Future?
Future is not a perfect app. It has some drawbacks and limitations that you should consider before signing up, such as:
- Price: Future is a pricey app. It costs $150 per month, which might not be affordable for everyone. Even with the discounts and promotions, Future is still more expensive than most other workout apps or services. Future might not be worth the price for you if you are on a tight budget, or if you already have a gym membership, a fitness device, or another fitness app that you are happy with.
- Compatibility: Future requires you to have an iPhone and an Apple Watch to use the app. If you don’t have these devices, Future will not work for you. Future also does not integrate with other fitness apps or services, such as Peloton, Apple Fitness+, Fitbit, etc. Future might not be compatible with your devices or preferences if you use Android, Windows, or other platforms, or if you want to use other fitness apps or services along with Future.
- Equipment: Future might not provide you with enough equipment or space to do some of the workouts, especially if you are in a public gym or a small apartment. Future does not include any equipment in its price, so you will need to buy or rent your own equipment, such as dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, etc. Future also does not guarantee that you will have access to the equipment or space that you need for your workouts, so you might need to improvise or skip some exercises.
- Trainer: Future might not match you with the best trainer for you, or you might not like the style or personality of your trainer. Future does not let you choose your own trainer, but assigns you one based on your answers to some questions. Future also does not let you switch your trainer easily, but requires you to contact customer service and explain your reasons.
How Does Future Compare to Other Workout Apps?
Future is not the only workout app that claims to offer personalized and effective fitness solutions. There are many other apps that have similar features or benefits, such as:
- Peloton: Peloton is a popular app that provides live and on-demand classes for cycling, running, strength, yoga, and more. You can use Peloton with your own bike or treadmill, or you can buy their equipment for a premium price. Peloton also has a community of instructors and users who can motivate and inspire you. Peloton costs $12.99 per month for the app only, or $39 per month for the app and the equipment.
- Fitbod: Fitbod is a strength training app that creates personalized workouts for you based on your goals, equipment, and muscle recovery. You can choose from various workout styles, such as bodybuilding, powerlifting, or calisthenics. Fitbod also tracks your progress and adjusts your workouts as you improve. Fitbod costs $9.99 per month or $59.99 per year.
- Freeletics: Freeletics is a fitness app that provides you with workouts that require no equipment, just your own bodyweight. You can choose from different programs, such as cardio, strength, or endurance. Freeletics also has a coach feature that adapts your workouts to your feedback and performance. Freeletics costs $11.99 per month or $74.99 per year.
- Nike Training Club: Nike Training Club is a free fitness app that offers over 200 workouts for various levels and goals. You can choose from categories such as HIIT, yoga, mobility, or bodyweight. Nike Training Club also has expert tips and guidance from Nike trainers and athletes. Nike Training Club is free to use, but you can upgrade to a premium membership for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year.
- Strong: Strong is a simple and effective app that helps you track your lifts and workouts. You can create your own routines, or use the built-in templates for various goals and levels. Strong also calculates your one-rep max, volume, and personal records. Strong is free for up to three custom routines, or $4.99 per month or $29.99 per year for unlimited access.
To compare Future with these other apps, we can use a table that shows the main features, pros, cons, and prices of each app. Here is an example of such a table:
|Personal trainer, Apple Watch, custom workouts, text and video calls, exercise library, music playlist
|Personalized, convenient, motivating, accountable, comprehensive
|Expensive, iPhone and Apple Watch required, equipment and space issues, trainer compatibility, potential boredom
|$150 per month
|Live and on-demand classes, cycling, running, strength, yoga, etc., instructors, community
|Variety, quality, fun, interactive, inspiring
|Expensive, equipment required, subscription tied to equipment, limited strength training, potential wait times
|$12.99 per month (app only) or $39 per month (app and equipment)
|Strength training, personalized workouts, workout styles, progress tracking, workout adjustment
|Customized, effective, adaptive, data-driven, easy to use
|Equipment required, limited cardio and flexibility training, potential repetition, potential bugs
|$9.99 per month or $59.99 per year
|No-equipment workouts, bodyweight, cardio, strength, endurance, coach feature
|Accessible, challenging, flexible, adaptive, supportive
|Intense, repetitive, limited variety, coach feature requires subscription, potential injuries
|$11.99 per month or $74.99 per year
|Nike Training Club
|Over 200 workouts, HIIT, yoga, mobility, bodyweight, etc., expert tips, guidance
|Free, diverse, quality, informative, user-friendly
|Equipment required for some workouts, limited personalization, limited progress tracking, potential ads
|Free or $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (premium)
|Lift and workout tracker, custom routines, templates, one-rep max, volume, personal records
|Simple, effective, reliable, data-driven, motivational
|Limited personalization, limited guidance, limited variety, potential bugs
|Free (up to three custom routines) or $4.99 per month or $29.99 per year (unlimited)
As you can see, Future has some unique features and benefits that make it stand out from other workout apps, but it also has some drawbacks and limitations that might not suit everyone’s needs and preferences. Ultimately, the best workout app for you depends on your personal goals, preferences, budget, and equipment.
Future is a workout app that connects you with a real personal trainer who designs custom workouts for you and tracks your progress. Future also provides you with an Apple Watch that tracks your workouts and syncs with the app.
Future claims that its app can help you achieve your fitness goals faster and easier than other apps, because you get a personalized plan, constant feedback, and human connection.
However, Future is not a perfect app. It has some pros and cons that you should consider before signing up. Future is also not a cheap app. It costs $150 per month, which might not be affordable for everyone.
Future also requires you to have an iPhone and an Apple Watch to use the app, which might not be compatible with your devices.
If you are interested in Future, you might want to check out what Reddit users have to say about it. Reddit users have honest and unbiased opinions about Future, and they share their experiences and feedback about the app.
You can find some positive and negative reviews, as well as some questions and doubts about Future on Reddit. Future is a workout app that might suit your needs and preferences, or it might not. The best way to find out is to try it for yourself.
Future offers a free trial for 14 days, so you can test the app and see if you like it. You can also use a promo code to get a discount for the first three months, or refer a friend to get a free month.